I am in a mission to make sure our child(ren) loves pizza as much as I do :) So when I saw this box at MPH the other day, I bought it without thinking twice. At RM39.90, it was a good buy.
For a lot less than the price of a pizza stone itself, you can find easy step-bystep instructions for everyday dinners and gourmet delights. This kit includes: " a 48-page recipe book full of tasty pizza ideas " 9-inch pizza stone for the perfect crispy base " Wire rack for serving " Metal pizza cutter for perfect slices every time - MPH Book Store-The first pizza I tried to bake from the recipe book was Famous Mushroom Pizza. I made only 1/3 of the original recipe and added some frankfurters as well. Here is how I made the pizza for Adam, adapted from the recipe book. It yielded 2 mini pizza for my lil' boy.
1/2 teaspoon dry yeast
1/3 cup warm water
1/3 teaspoon sugar
1 cup plain flour
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/3 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 cup tomato paste
1 onion, sliced
shiitake mushroom, sliced
2 chicken frankfurter, sliced
a little more olive oil to drizzle over pizza
Cheddar cheese, grated (make sure it's not fresh from the fridge like mine. It did not melt but became crunchy instead ;p)
salt and pepper to taste
sprinkle of dried pizza mixed herbs (original recipe asks for rosemary but I happen to have the pizza mixed herbs in hand)
1. Dissolve the yeast in the warm water with the sugar. let stand until it foams. (if it did not foam after 6 minutes, throw the yeast. The water might not be at the right temperature or the yeast is old. I threw my first batch of yeast as it did not foam but the second batch did not foam as well but I still use it and turned out OK. So, don't worry too much)
2.Sift the flour into a bowl and add the yeast mixture, olive oil and salt. Mix to combine and set aside until doubled in size.
3. Turn out onto floured board and knead to form a soft dough.
4. Press a piece of the dough, about the size of a ping pong ball onto a pizza tray.
5. Brush the pizza base with the olive oil, soread liberally with tomato paste, then add the onion, mushrooms and frankfurters. Drizzle with more olive oil and cover liberally with the cheese, salt and pepper. Sprinkle with the dried herbs.
6. Place in a preheated oven at 220C for 15 - 20 minutes.