Pages

Thursday, April 14, 2011

Peanut Butter Cookies

Another cookie recipe? I found cookies easier for a beginner like me. Cakes are more complicated and most importantly, neither Adam or his dad are a big fan of cakes. It feels good to see Adam's cookie jar full of homemade cookies and every time he had one, he will tell me "daaap". That one word is enough to motivate me to bake more cookies.

As I am still new with cookie baking, I am excited to try as much recipe as possible so I would know which one my lil' cookie monster loves most. Anyway, I baked this before my "Main Masak-Masak" session with the girls last weekend. Started making it at midnight and done by 1.30am as the dough required some chilling before I can bake them. So here is the recipe for your own lil' (or big) cookie monster at home.


Ingredients
6 tablespoons butter
6 tablespoons sugar
150g crunchy peanut butter
1 egg
3 tablespoons golden syrup
175g plain flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Directions
1. Preheat the oven to 180c. Lightly grease two baking sheets.
2. Cream the butter and sugar together until pale and fluffy. Add the peanut butter, egg and golden syrup and beat until well combined.
3. Sift the flour with the baking powder and work into the mixture to form a soft dough. On a lightly floured surface, knead the dough lightly, then shaped into thick log. Cover with plastic wrap and let chill for 30 minutes.
4. Cut the dough into slices 5mm thick and space well apart on the baking sheets. Press a criss-cross pattern into the dough with the tines of a fork.


5. Bake until golden, 10-12 minutes. Let cool on the baking sheets for 2-3 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container for up to five days.


Cookie Tip
1. Use smooth peanut butter if you prefer a creamier texture.
2. The recipe actually yields 24 pieces if you roll a very thick log. I guess mine was not as thick as I managed to get 40 pieces out of it. Just the right size for Adam and the rest of the kids :)

No comments: