Pages

Wednesday, January 19, 2011

spring cleaning


Spring cleaning is the period in spring time set aside for cleaning a house, normally applied in climates with a cold winter.
The most common usage of spring cleaning refers to the yearly act of cleaning a house from top to bottom which would take place in the first warm days of the year typically in spring, hence the name. However it has also come to be synonymous with any kind of heavy duty cleaning or organizing enterprise. A person who gets their affairs in order before an audit or inspection could be said to be doing some spring cleaning.
Feel the urge to do spring cleaning. Not so much of cleaning the house from top to bottom but more of decluttering and reorganizing my belongings. Maybe I should take leave on Friday since Thursday is a public holiday. My maid is not really good in keeping things in order hence the need of spring cleaning not only in spring (macamla ada spring kat Malaysia) but almost every 3-4 months. Partly it is my fault as I am not that strict with her. When she piled things in a corner or chuck things in a plastic bag, I did not even say a word. 

Anyway, my main objectives this round are clothes and books. As I am no longer in finance industry, I don't need my college textbooks anymore. I wanted to donate them to my Uni library but was told they only accept up to 2005 edition only. I graduated in 2004 so I am sure all of my books were written way beyond 2005. Any idea on what I can do with them? Each costs about RM100 when I bought them and they are as good as new. It would be a huge waste to send to recycling center. 



I have been holding on to some of my clothes for quite some time. They have survived a few spring cleaning just because of that tiny little hope to lose some weight and able to wear them again. With the growing number of my son's clothes that could to be kept for his future siblings, I just can't afford the space to keep my clothes anymore. And I have given up hope to fit into S and M size at least in the next 2 years. So, hopefully I won't be too emotional this time around and ended up with another round of spring cleaning on the same stuff. Do I need to buy these cute baskets? :)




6 comments:

Unknown said...

kam.. aku book Baju saiz M.. hehehehe :)

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
mommy kam said...

shirt keje banyak tika.. kau mesti muat.. kalau nak datang umah cepat before aku buang :)

Muna Zaen said...

ebay..@ jual kat kedai buku 2nd hand..baju? wariskan je la..:)

Anonymous said...

Kam, sayangnye buku teks cantik2 tu kan. I have no idea what to do with mine too. Nasib baik most of them kat uni dulu dah jual on the spot sbb malas nak angkut bawak balik Msia :p

mommy kam said...

lucky u! walaupun dah memang x kan pakai still rasa sayang nak let go.. tapi kazen aku dah tanay library politeknik kata nak terima.. hopefully ada orang dapat guna buku tu :)