Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Siri Mari Memasak: Tray-baked Sardines


I posted this picture on FB and received a few requests for the recipe. Actually I got the recipe from "Healthy Eating for Lower Cholesterol" book by Daniel Green (a chef) and Catherine Collins (a dietitian), supported by H-E-A-R-T UK. I hope they don't mind me posting the recipe here as it was really good. Many other recipes in the books are very good as well. If you are looking for recipes that are healthy and easy to prepare, I really recommend this book. I bought it for RM67.90 at Kinokuniya KLCC a few years back.


Ingredients
4 lemons
12 fresh large sardines, gutted (I can only fit 10 into my baking tray)
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed (I used a heap tablespoon of blended garlic)
4 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano
Freshly ground black pepper

Preheat the oven to 190ºC/375ºF/gas mark 5. (My oven can only be set to either 180ºC or 200ºC so I opted for 180ºc and add the baking time).
Grate the zest from 2 of the lemons and set aside in a small bowl. Squeeze the juice from the zested lemons. (refer here on how to zest a lemon)
Put the sardines in an ovenproof dish.
In a bowl, mix the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and oreganos. Drizzle  this mixture over the fish and season with black pepper.
Put  in the oven for 25-30 minutes. (It took me about 45 minutes).
Cut the remaining lemons into wedges. Serve the sardines hot, sprinkled with lemon zest and accompanied by the lemon wedges. (I forgot to sprinkle the lemon zest on top of the sardines)

Done! Have fun trying! :)



No comments: