Pages

Friday, February 25, 2011

Ayam Masorma

Missed me? :) Was not feeling well before. Yes, this is going to be another cooking entry. Looks like my blog has evolved to a cooking blog. Anyway, I really can't wait to share this so I made no effort to post another entry that is non-cooking related.

What was I so excited about? I think I have mentioned before that I am a little phobic, well, yeah alot, when it comes to.. jeng jeng jeng... cooking dishes that has coconut milk in it. That is why my cooking resolution this year is to conquer masak lemak and curry which could be the easiest dish to some of you. Anyway, last week, my colleague brought some chicken dish for lunch. It was something I had never even tasted before and it was good. It was a cross between rendang, asam pedas and masak merah?! What surprised me most was it sounded so easy to cook!

Finally, last night I managed to try the recipe. Might not be as good as my colleague's but good enough for me :) As my colleague did not have any name for the dish, my husband named it Ayam Masorma. Why? That's our secret. :D

Ingredients
3 pieces chicken thigh (halves)
4 (heap) tablespoon of chilli paste
4 (heap) spoon of blended shallots
1 glass of water (as necessary)
1 turmeric leaf
1 stalk bruised lemongrass
4 tablespoon tomato sauce
4 tablespoon coconut milk (if you are using the one in a box, about 1/4 of the box)
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt

Methods

 
If you are using dried chillies instead of the chilli paste, blend the shallots together with the chillies and 1 glass of water. Pour the blended ingredients into the pot and mix with the chicken. Cover the pot and let it simmer.


 When the chicken is half cooked (above pic), add in:

 tomato sauce,

 coconut milk, and

 sugar and salt. If it is too dry, add in some water (compare above pics). *Mine was dry because I use pre-blended chilli paste and shallots so in total I only add in 1 glass of water.

 Then, add in bruised lemon grass and turmeric leaf (cut into small pieces). Stir for a while, lower the heat and let it simmer.

When the chicken is cooked and you can see some oil on the top layer, your Ayam Masorma is ready!


Serve it with hot rice. Nyummmmm~~~~

1 comment:

Unknown said...

telah mencuba resepi nih.. hahaha tp still without daun kunyit la.. :p
sedap gak rase ayam die.. kuah mmg pekat kan.. aku rase aku kena buat kuah x pekat la.. mawi x suka kuah pekat2 nih.. hehehehe